Is It Time To Upgrade Your Outdated Phone Systems?
written by Mark Veldhoff posted on Jul 9, 2021
Is It Time To Upgrade Your Outdated Phone Systems?
Is your business phone system out of date?
Whether it’s a smartphone or VoIP solution, if it doesn’t work the way you need it to, then you need to find something better.
Conventional phone systems are a thing of the past. Landlines are expensive, rigid, and inconvenient, so why not modernize your phone systems? Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems use cloud technology to make calls instead of a traditional phone line, granting you greater connectivity, more features, and reduced costs.
How Can You Tell Your Current Phone System Is Outdated?
One of the key problems with conventional phone systems is that they’re not easy to scale to the size of your business as it changes. As time goes on and the business’ size changes, you would have to pay for each and every new phone needed to accommodate that growth.
Conventional phones also can’t integrate effectively with their mobile counterparts, which means having to place two calls to connect — one to the landline, and then one to the mobile phone.
Furthermore, the pricing model for your phone system is likely outdated as well. Case in point — do you know how much your last phone bill was? Try to think about all the fees that went into it: cost per line, local fees per line, long distance fees per line, carrier fees, and on and on.
VoIP simplifies the billing for communications, eliminating a range of surcharges that are expected with normal phones.
How Does VoIP Work?
VoIP is a way of converting audio signals into digital data that can be transmitted and received over the Internet. This technology has been in use for years by businesses and consumers — it’s highly reliable when set up correctly.
This technology allows your phone data to share much of the same equipment and Internet services you already have in place for normal Internet use. It also allows you to have your phone system extended to remote sites and mobile workers.
What Will You Gain By Upgrading To VoIP?
VoIP technology is ideal for any growing business, providing a simple configuration for additional employees, new offices and remote workers. Benefits include:
- Lower Startup Costs: Perhaps the best reason to switch to a cloud-based Internet communications system is the low start-up costs. Unlike a traditional phone system, you don’t have to invest in a massive phone box, server and headsets and phone models that were often locked into a particular provider. All you have to have for Internet phone service is Internet service and a VoIP-enabled phone or headset for each station.
- Easy Collaboration: Another significant advantage to cloud-based phone service is the ability to connect and share data with other project members, no matter where they are located. Outside sales reps, employees who telecommute and home-office personnel can all easily be added to the same call.
- Reduced Downtime: While traditional phone service is subject to power outages and is dependent on an obsolete and decaying infrastructure, VoIP phone systems are not tied to a physical location and thus experience much less downtime than traditional phone service. Imagine being able to continue to talk to customers, even during a power outage or storm. Plus, since you can use your system off-site, you can still take calls during extreme conditions, such as a hurricane or flood.
- Automatic Upgrades: With a VoIP system, you’ll always have access to the latest technology. Your system will be automatically updated as new technology becomes available. You don’t have to invest in new hardware as you do when you upgrade your landline system. Plus, unlike older phone systems, cloud-based systems don’t have to be re-booted for an upgrade to be live, another way you’ll experience less downtime. VoIP systems also accommodate your company’s growth and can be as flexible as you are. Do you need five new lines to handle holiday phone traffic? Do you need to move phone lines from one location to another? Do you need to subtract an off-site line for a worker who no longer is with your company? These types of moves can be handled in a matter of seconds. Landline phone companies would require a service call.
- Streamline Your Communications: A single Internet phone company can provide most, if not all of your telecommunications needs, from conference calls to video conferencing to having your voicemail messages sent to your email box. With VoIP, you don’t have to worry about contracting with a bunch of outside providers for these extra services.
- Easily Accessible Phone Records: With VoIP systems, your phone records are always accessible online. You don’t have to worry about finding a paper record. This is especially important for businesses like law and accounting firms that bill back clients for time spent on the phone on their behalf.
Need Expert Assistance Moving To VoIP?
Moving to VoIP does not have to be a cumbersome and time-consuming challenge — especially with help from Envizion IT.
With a VoIP solution (like the one offered by Envizion IT), you can get rid of the hassles of maintenance agreements, capital expenditure, truck rolls, and lengthy wait periods that traditional landline phones come with.
As your partner in IT, we’ll help you find the most cost-effective business phone system that meets your needs. We actively reassess our clients’ IT expenses on a regular basis to ensure they’re getting the best possible ROI for their IT budget.
Don’t let your phone system hold your business back from its full potential any longer. Get in touch with the Envizion IT team to find a modern and low-cost business phone solution.
Reduce Your IT Costs Get Better Service With Envizion IT
Fill out the form below to schedule your free initial consultation with our IT engineers.